How Do You Brainfuse? – Video Contest
Create a video about how your library uses Brainfuse to empower your patrons.
Sponsored by Brainfuse
Final deadline – June 20, 2014
About the Contest
Each entrant will create a video demonstrating how his/her library uses Brainfuse to empower his/her patrons.
You may have your patrons help create the video. Submission must be made by a library staff member. Any participants under 18 must have parental permission. It is the responsibility of the library to obtain permission where needed.
Who Can Enter
The contest will be made available to library staff whose library currently subscribes to Brainfuse. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to win.
- 1st Place earns his or her library a $1,000 grant and themselves a $100 iTunes Gift Card
- 2nd Place earns his or her library a $500 grant and themselves a $50 iTunes Gift Card
- 3rd Place earns his or her library a $300 grant and themselves a $50 iTunes Gift Card
- Dozens of “Runner Up” Certificates and Social Media participation badges
All submissions are due Friday, June 20, 2014.
- There is NO time limit for the video submissions.
- Entrants may use whichever platform they choose to create the video (Instagram, Vine, etc.).
- The person uploading the submission will be deemed the submitter. The submitter is the one person who is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with that submission.
- If a team elects to collaborate on a submission, the team is required to designate one person as the agent of the team to enter the contest and to agree to these rules.
- Entrants are permitted to submit as many videos as they wish.
- All submissions must be received and recorded within the contest submission period.
- All submissions should be made to [email protected].
- Contest winner will be announced at the ALA Annual Conference in June.
- Brainfuse reserves the right to and will, monitor or screen submissions prior to considering them for entry into the “How Do You Brainfuse” video contest and/or posting them to the Brainfuse website.
- By providing a submission, you agree that your submission may be posted on Brainfuse-related websites, in Brainfuse’s sole discretion.
- Brainfuse has no obligation to use or post any submission you submit.
- Submissions that are not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein or are not received during the contest submission period will be ineligible.
- Entrant agrees that the releases required from participants (model releases, etc.) have been submitted with the video entry.
- Submissions cannot
- be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
- promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (other than the Brainfuse’s trademarks, logos, trade dress, brands or products), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses without permission;
- contain copyrighted materials owned by third parties other than the submitters(s) or Brainfuse (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission;
- contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; and
- depict, and cannot itself be in, a violation of any law
- By submitting a submission you warrant and represent that it:
- is you or your team’s original work,
- has not been previously published,
- has not received previous awards,
- does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity;
- that you/your team have obtained permission from a person who is used in the submission or whose name, likeness or voice is used in the submission, if any, and
- that publication of the submission via various media including online posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party rights.
Any such submitter will indemnify and hold harmless Brainfuse and parties donating prizes from any claims to the contrary. Any submission that, in the sole opinion of Brainfuse, is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible. Incomplete, illegible, false, deceptive or garbled submissions are not eligible. All submissions become the sole property of Brainfuse. By submitting a submission, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Brainfuse under any obligation; that Brainfuse is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the submission on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Brainfuse does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Brainfuse, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
By providing a submission, it is agreed that Brainfuse has the right to use, reproduce, reprint, distribute, and display the video for any organizational purpose, without notification, consent or compensation to the entrant(s). A Brainfuse purpose includes, but is not limited to, displaying the video on the Brainfuse website, Blog, at conferences, or any other venues, regardless of whether fees are charged.
The submitter grants to Brainfuse, an exclusive, perpetual, transferable license to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse and adapt any or all portions of the submissions in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in any manner whatsoever and for any purpose.
By participating in the contest, submitters (and submitter’s parent or legal guardian if Submitter is a minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing) (a) to release Brainfuse and parties donating prizes from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such submitter’s participation in the contest; and (b) participants waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages. If a finalist/winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize(s) may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected.