Home Learning Resources for Families – Palo Alto City Library
Hello Library Patron,
While the Palo Alto City Library remains closed during this pandemic, we want to remind all students and their families that our eLibrary is open 24/7!
For all PAUSD students, your Student ID card serves as a PACL card, so you’re already set. If you’re having issues accessing Library resources with your Student ID card, please contact your school librarian.
The Library has been working hard to increase our e-offerings. We hope that you will continue to enjoy our eBooks, Audiobooks, newspapers and magazines; streaming music, movies and TV; and online learning, all FREE with your library card!
The library’s Home Learning Resources for Families is a list of impressive resources.
- Brainfuse, an online homework and study tool has real tutors available every day from 1-10 PM. In addition, students can schedule study sessions with friends in a private virtual study room.
- NoveList K-8 Plus has book recommendations for K-8 readers, including nonfiction, mood-based, and Core Curriculum recommendations.
- Gale Research in Context provides engaging reference, periodical, and multimedia content supporting national and state curriculum standards for grades 6 to 12.
- Infoplease Homework Help: provides free reference Homework Help on many subjects for grades K-8.
In addition to curriculum support, Staff has put together some resources for students and families learning at home, including:
- Hotlines, Helplines, and Safelines for Teens
- Online Storytime Resources
- Daily Recommendations from Staff on Instagram and Facebook
- The Library launched a Spring into Reading Program, to keep minds growing & engaged during this COVID-19 pandemic. Throughout the program, kids, teens, and adults can complete challenges that focus on reading, learning and having fun. Participants do not need a library card to get started, although you can get one for free anytime to use the library’s collection of digital resources. This program will run April 1-30.
Last, but not least, Library staff are still available by email to help Monday-Friday. Reach out if you need assistance with:
We look forward to re-opening soon and seeing our community back in our libraries. Until then, be in touch with us online and stay well!
Interim Library Director