The coronavirus pandemic has already swept through cities and urban centers. Rural areas seemed immune at the onset, but that false sense of safety has ended as infection rates spike in rural communities across the country. Today on Insight, the challenges rural America faces amid the pandemic and how communities can prepare and respond.
- Cal Matters education reporter, Ricardo Cano, on the reopening of schools in rural counties
- Kaiser Health News senior correspondent, Sarah Tribble, with how hospitals in rural areas are faring
- Los Angeles Times reporter, Ron Lin, explains why the coronavirus is impacting rural areas now
- CapRadio News Reporter Sarah Mizes-Tan checks-in with how farmworkers are faring amid COVID-19 and unhealthy air quality
- Editor of the Sierra Booster newspaper, Janice Buck, discusses lack of broadband internet access in rural areas and news deserts
- Branch manager for the Chester Branch of the Plumas County Library system, Lori Metcalf, on how the library has helped people stay connected through the pandemic