Lifelong Learning with Live One-to-One Help from the Library
By Mastic Moriches Shirley Library
With the stay at home orders due to the virus in place, are you looking to use your time and learn something new? The Library has a free online center for adult learners called Brainfuse Adult Learning Center. You can access it online from home at the library’s website, www.communitylibrary.org 24/7, with live online help available from 1 pm-11 pm weekly. Just select Learn New Skills – Academic Assistance Online from the library’s web site. Brainfuse Adult Learning Center features test preparation (including GED and U.S. citizenship preparation), writing assistance, and study tools for math, reading and writing. Live, online one-on-one interaction with a tutor or job coach is available. Live sessions can be conducted in English or Spanish.
Prove you are ready for a new career or college by passing your GED:
- Visit the resources page resources page for general information about your test.
- Get Ready for Test Day collection of practice tests will help you build the stamina you need to stay focused throughout the exam and identify areas that you need to review. Simply select a section that you would like to take and click “Take a Test.”
- Review & Reinforce Skills. Work through challenging questions with our live, online tutors. They are here to help you with each section of the exam. Select the section you would like to focus on and click “Live Online Tutors.”
- Study – The first step is to study and review the information we’ve gathered to help you prepare for the U.S. Citizenship Test, including a tutorial Get Help – online tutors can help answer any questions you might have as you prepare for the U.S. Citizenship Test. Click “Live Online Tutors” to connect with a live Brainfuse tutor.
- Take a Practice Test – 10 practice tests that cover all of the information you need to know to pass the U.S. Citizenship Test.
Microsoft Office Help for Word, PowerPoint and Excel. The best, most helpful Microsoft Office resources. Click “Online Resources” to access our Microsoft resource library.
- Connect with one of our LIVE experts for help using MS Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
Resume Lab gives you all of the tips and resources you need to write an effective resume:Examples – useful resources (including tried-and-tested resume templates) to help you get started.
- Once you have prepared a draft of your resume, simply upload it to one of our writing experts. We will return your edited resume within 24 hours. Click “Upload Resume” to send your resume to a Brainfuse writing expert.
- Discuss – Once you have received your resume, you can get live help from a Brainfuse online instructor. Simply click “Get Live Resume Help” to connect with a Brainfuse instructor.